Q: WHAT IS PAWPAW?
Q: WHO CAN JOIN?
Q: GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- This policy will incept on the first day of the next calendar month following the acceptance of the application.
- There is an excess fee of 10% for every claim with a minimum of R200 per claim that you must pay.
- All non-emergency treatments must be pre-authorised by P.Uma.
- You agree to disclose all information relating to your pets health and condition at the time of signing up for cover and thereafter. Failure to do so could result in cancellation of your policy due to-non disclosure.
- You must notify P.Uma of any emergency treatments within 72 hours of the event.
- All claims must be submitted to P.Uma within 30 days of the date of treatment.
- P.Uma pays claims in accordance with the South African Veterinary Councils Guideline of Tariffs and reserves the right to request a second opinion from a vet of our choice regarding treatment and fees charged. If the fees are deemed excessive or the treatment deemed inappropriate we will pay the lesser amount with the balance being for your account.
- P.Uma reserves the right to refuse payment for repeated treatments if they are, under advice, deemed as ineffective or likely to cause the dog undue distress.
- As the person responsible for the dog you are expected to take all reasonable steps to prevent injury and illness. Failure to do so may result in rejection of claims and/or the cancellation of this pet insurance policy.
- If there is another insurance policy covering the same claim, only the rateable proportion of that claim will be paid in terms of this policy.
- This pet insurance policy may be terminated upon giving one months written notice of cancellation and the cancellation shall be effective from the first day of the calendar month following the notice.
Q: WHAT WE DO NOT COVER
- Any costs other than the costs of veterinary treatments for the pet listed on the pet insurance policy.
- The costs for the treatment of any illness within the first 30 days of joining PetCare. The costs of treatments for accidental injuries are fully covered from the date of inception.
- Any invoices submitted more than 60 days after the date of treatment.
- The costs for any treatments for injuries and illness incurred outside of the Republic of South Africa.
- Any non-emergency treatment undertaken without the prior approval of P.Uma.
- Any injury caused by abuse or negligence. We will report all abuse to the relevant authorities.
- The treatment of pre-existing conditions.
- Any treatment that continues for longer than three months unless approved by P.Uma and subject to clinical protocols.
- Chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Any complementary treatments, experimental treatments or any treatments not forming part of mainstream veterinary science such as acupuncture, homoeopathy or chiropractic.
- The treatment of behavioral disorders.
- Any routine care such as vaccinations, dental scale and polish, anal gland expression, de-worming, grooming, tick and flea control or any food costs.
- Any elective or cosmetic treatments.
- Any treatments in connection with fertility and breeding such as sterilisation, artificial insemination and injuries resulting from breeding.
- House calls, after-hours consultation or hospitalisation unless a vet confirms it as necessary in terms of the pet’s health.
- Any surgical items that can be used more than once. These are non-chargeable items.
- The costs of any prosthesis, implants or transplantation.
- Any costs after death, including post mortem examinations and cremation or burial.
- Any treatment by person/s not registered with the South African Veterinary Council.
- We do not under any circumstance cover euthanasia unless recommended by a veterinarian. We will assist in obtaining shelter and care for any unwanted pets.
Q: DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT
(This is your statutory notice- Please read carefully)
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
DO NOT BE PRESSURED INTO BUYING THIS PET INSURANCE POLICY. You are entitled to cancel your contract within 14 days after inception should the product not meet your requirements. Thereafter you have the right to cancel this policy by giving 30 days notice.
Do not sign any blank or partially completed application forms and please keep notes of anything said to you regarding your insurance You are entitled to a copy of all documentation relating to this insurance FREE of charge.
You must be informed in writing if any changes are made to this contract and your policy cannot be cancelled unless a written confirmation is sent to you.
You have the right to know all fees and premiums applicable to this insurance contract.
All premiums are collected by debit order to your account, please make sure that you are being debited correctly.
If a claim is rejected, you must be given the reasons in writing.
Please make sure that all the information you supply has been recorded correctly. Any misrepresentation or incorrect information can prejudice you in the event of a claim.
Q: DETAILS OF THE BROKER
Company: Tough Times CC t/as Inn Focus
Postal Address: PO Box 417, Groenkloof, Pretoria, 0027
Physical Address: No 1 Cocos Place, Garsfontein, Pretoria, 0027
Contact details: 012 998 4947
Fax: 086 615 1103
Registration No: 1992/10102/23
Authorised Financial Service Provider FSP No. 16444
Compliance Officer: Syncerus Business Solutions (PTY) Ltd
Postal address: PO Box 2583, Brooklyn Square, Pretoria, 0075
Phone: 012 346 3820
Fax: 012 346 3926
Tough Times CC t/as Inn Focus earn a broker fee of R0 and 20% commission per policy.
Q: DETAILS OF THE UNDERWRITING MANAGER
Company: Pet Underwriting Managing Agency (Pty) Ltd.
Postal Address: PO Box 3047, Cape Town, 8000
Physical Address: 7 Walter Sisulu Avenue, 14th Floor, Metropolitan Bldg, Cape Town, 8000
Contact details: 021 403 9177
Fax: 086 691 4723
Registration No: 2011/107009/07
VAT Number: 4280260425
Authorised Financial Service Provider FSP No. 44387
Compliance Officer: Craig Ormrod, Associated Compliance, PO Box 9655, Devon Valley
Tel – 011 678 2533 Fax – 011 678 7731
Earnings: P.UMA earns a fee of 10% of premium and a profit share is in place. Both are paid by the insurer.
Please note that P.UMA earns more than 30% of its income via Renasa Insurance Company Ltd
Q: DETAILS OF THE INSURER
Company: Renasa Insurance Company Ltd
Postal Address: P.O. Box 412072, Craighall, Johannesburg, 2024
Contact details: 011 380 3080
Fax: 011 380 3088
Registration No: 1998/000916/06
VAT Number: 4290173253
Authorised Financial Service Provider FSP No. 15491
The above parties are all fully licensed to practice short term Insurance in regards of personal and commercial Lines.
P.UMA are Renasa Insurance Company Limited’s underwriting manager for pet insurance and have a written mandate to conduct business.
There is no direct financial interest between the companies.
P.UMA carry Professional Indemnity Insurance as well as Fidelity Guarantee cover. A financial guarantee is not required.
If any of the parties act unprofessionally please report to their respective Compliance Officer.
Please make sure that all the information you supply has been recorded correctly. Any misrepresentation or incorrect info can prejudice you in the event of a claim.
Should you have a complaint about your Insurance and the Insurer/Broker and Underwriting manager are unable to satisfy your enquiry, you may approach the following parties.
Ombudsman Detail – Responsible for Compliance matters
Q: FAIS OMBUD
Address: P.O. Box 74571, Lynwood ridge, 0040
Tel: (012) 470 9080
Fax: (012) 348 3447
Short-Term Insurance Fraudline – Responsible for Insurance matters
Address: P.O. Box 32334, Braamfontein, 2017
Tel: (011) 726 8900
Fax: (011) 726 5501
Should you suspect any fraudulent activity involving your insurance, please contact Fraudline on 0860002526.